Monday, July 25, 2011

July 26

Just finished rereading Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli. I think it meant more to me now because I have kids. The next couple days, I'll leave you with some of my favorite quotes to ponder.

Reality is complicated, life is complicated, God is complicated. His footprints are not easy to see in the dust and dirt of the real world's trail. And when we are lost in the forest, we want to find God's tracks. When it's dark and we're stuck in a boat during a gale, we don't want dark, indistinguishable shapes roaming around on the water. We get frightened when we lose track of God. We get terrified when we are not sure what God is doing...One of the glorious complications of God is His ability to reveal Himself in the unrevealable. God is not lost when we are. God is waiting for us even in the darkness!

p132

No comments:

Post a Comment