Tuesday, August 9, 2011

august 10

We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10

I just read this little thought: a hammer isn't quite a hammer unless it is hammering. We are not really ourselves unless we are doing what we were intended to do. That's something to consider.

Here's something else to consider. Sometimes I hammer things with a rock. In other words, sometimes I do things and think that I am something not based on who I am but what I am doing. I think I'm a hammer because I hammer. But hammer all I want, I'm still a rock.

It is always best to do what God, your Father, created you to do. But be careful to not base your identity on what you do. Base it on who made you.




No comments:

Post a Comment