Monday, September 12, 2011

september 13

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:1

Notice the "have been justified." I just looked up past participles on the web...check out this response from Clive and think about it in terms of justification:

Hi,

I was wondering what's the difference between "has been" and "was". For instance- below is an example:

I was there Just tells me about the past. No emphasis on the past event as having importance in the present.

I have been there. Tells me about the past but shows that the past event has importance in the present. eg I have been in Japan in the past, so I understand Japanese society at the present time. Think of it as I have the result now of this past experience.

Best wishes, Clive


It bears repeating:


I HAVE THE RESULT NOW OF THIS PAST EXPERIENCE!



No comments:

Post a Comment