Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oct 20

I read this this morning to start getting prepped for Halloween.

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. he asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"

I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know."

Ezekiel 37:1-3

I love Ezekiel's answer. If God had asked him this at the beginning of the book he would probably have said, No way Jose. But this is Ezekiel 37, by now God has done some pretty crazy things in Ezekiel's life. So if God asks him if something impossible can happen, Ezekiel has figured out that the best answer is to say, Well, I can't see how it is possible, but I know one thing - you can do anything!

May we be the same. You go, Zeke.


No comments:

Post a Comment