Thursday, January 19, 2012

347

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.


John 1:12


Many years ago, Philadelphia was preparing for a Billy Graham Crusade at Veterans Stadium. I don't remember all the circumstances, but at some point I found myself attending at least one of the training sessions. I can't even remember if I ended up volunteering. But I do remember one thing: this was the verse that Billy Graham had chosen as his key verse for the crusade. I don't know if it was the key verse in all his crusades. But I do know that it was the verse he had us memorize as we prepared to help people as they received and believed in the Jesus Christ.

I wish I remembered more. But tonight, let's allow this key verse open the door of our hearts to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment