Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wednesday February 2

Psalm 107:17-22

Some became fools through their rebellious ways
and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.
They loathed all food
and drew near the gates of death.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
He sent forth his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men.
Let them sacrifice thank offerings
and tell of his works with songs of joy.

I know God loves me because he has loved me at my very worst. And I don't know about your very worst, but mine is heinous. I'm not just saying that. It really was. It really is. And yet God's love has been unrelenting. He never lets go. Too many times I take God's love for granted. Often these are the times when I think I deserve it. When I start thinking too highly of myself. The fact of the matter is God does love me then. He loves me. That's right, period. The other fact of the matter is that whether I know it or not I live a life so steeped in darkness it's a miracle I don't stub my toe more often. God loves me then, too. He loves me now. It melts me.
Staggers me. Humbles me. Blows me away. Amen amen.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Ned, You have a very nice blog here. You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless.

    ReplyDelete