Thursday, February 2, 2012

357

John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'" From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 


John 1:15-16


We'll come back to John the Baptist's "testimony" because this is just the beginning of it. What I'm interested in is this: one blessing after another. This is coming from a man who will experience one torture after another. John will suffer. He will be imprisoned. He will experience trail after trial, and yet to him it was all blessing.

One blessing after another...is the kind of phrase you say about someone you love. Someone you really love...who really loves you...the kind of person you find yourself at a loss for words to describe...a person like Jesus...like Jesus was to him.

The same is true for you and me. When we get personal with Jesus, it might not be pretty, life will likely not get any easier, but we will see in the face of Jesus - love...life will become one blessing after another.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. "If He keeps on blessing and blessing,
    If He keeps on pouring it on . . . . .

    I don't know what I'm going to do." Saying thanks would be a good idea. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete