Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thursday Week 1

I was watching Tinkerbell the other day. It's one of my daughter's favorite movies. All right, you got me, I like it too.

The basic premise of the story is that Tinkerbell is born with a talent she doesn't appreciate. She wishes she had a different one only to find out in the end that her gifting is not all that bad - in fact, there is something about it that touches that deepest part of her...that's something to explore...

But this is what happens to me: I'll be watching and Tinkerbell will say the word "lost things." That's what she loves. Lost things. She loves finding lost things, putting them back together, and taking them home. And every time she says the phrase I start crying. Now why is that?

I think what it means is that I love lost things. I don't know if I always have, or if it is something that has happened to me over time. But I know this: Jesus loves lost things, too! He is crazy about them. His favorite thing to do is to find a lost thing, like me, like you, and put us back together, and take us home.

Somehow, now, I love it, too. When me and Jesus go after lost things, I'm participating with him in one of his favorite things! That's why I sense his presence so strongly when I do it.

So what do you love? What would it look like to do what you love with Jesus?




No comments:

Post a Comment