Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Week 3

Yesterday we looked at this verse:

"Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart." Deuteronomy 8:2

This is what I struggle with...I don't like to be humbled and tested...

What I strive for, work toward, and fantasize about is a life of ease and comfort.

But when I look at Jesus I never see him looking for this kind of life. He sure didn't live that way. So if I want to follow him I shouldn't be expecting ease and comfort any time soon. Not now. Not never. The way of Jesus is through desert. It is a life that will humble me and test me.

Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

In other words, it's time for me to lay down my idols of ease and comfort so that I'll have my hands free to pick up the cross.



No comments:

Post a Comment