Thursday, April 28, 2011

Friday April 29

"The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour?' No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name."

John 12:23-28

God might have seemed foolish to think he could save the whole world through one person. Jesus seemed equally insane when he spent the majority of his life in obscurity, then in ministry devoted his time to twelve, but mostly with three. How could he possibly think that his message would reach the ends of the earth? Well, he did think it would. And it has. It's because God understands numbers. He invented them. All those rules of math - he invented them to. He knew that one seed could change the world. Things multiply.

So don't worry about the one little thing you have. Give it to Jesus. Plant it in him.

Remember you are part of the proof that God knew what he was doing when he placed every hope of the world in a single person.

No comments:

Post a Comment