Monday, April 25, 2011

Now, there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the Feast. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. "Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus." Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.

John 12:20-22

I told you we'd get to the shocking stuff Jesus says, but first, one more thing to note. Philip tells Andrew. They both tell Jesus. I don't know why Philip goes to Andrew first. But I love that Andrew, at least, has learned by now, that Jesus is approachable. We do not need to go through someone. We can go straight to him. Philip in fact learns this lesson. Later, in John 14, Philip does exactly that. He goes right to Jesus and says these amazing words: "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

Jesus says, "Don't you know me, Philip? ... Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!"

No comments:

Post a Comment