Monday, May 23, 2011

Tuesday May 24

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"

"Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets."

Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?"

Matthew 16:13-15

I like the way Jesus describes himself by his nickname, Son of Man. We will see in a few verses that he nicknames Simon Peter. Names seem to be important to Jesus, to God for that matter. Having gone through two namings myself, it is quite dramatic and stressful. I don't get the sense that it is stressful to Jesus. But I do get the sense of his dramatic!

Check out how he does it:

"Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."

How about that!

Jesus understands the dramatic. What drama is he playing out in your life right now?

Has he ever given you a nickname?




No comments:

Post a Comment