Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wednesday May 4

"Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ' Father save me from this hour?' But this is the very reason I came! Father, bring glory to your name."

Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, "I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again." When the crowd heard the voice, some thought it was thunder, while others declared an angel had spoken to him.

John 12:27-29

I also love Jesus' honesty. If you were in his situation and had all these people looking at you like you might be the Messiah, would you tell them that your soul is deeply troubled? That seems a bit too vulnerable for my appetite. But that was the kind of man Jesus was. He was honest. He was completely confident in the love God had for him. He did not need to impress anyone. He didn't worry about hurting his father's feelings. It's beautiful when you think about it. The King. He didn't have to, but he chose to show us his heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment