Monday, May 2, 2011

Tuesday May 3

"Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ' Father save me from this hour?' But this is the very reason I came! Father, bring glory to your name."

Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, "I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again." When the crowd heard the voice, some thought it was thunder, while others declared an angel had spoken to him.

John 12:27-29

I love the little glimpse we get into the relationship between God the Father and God the son. Jesus says, what kind of son do you think I am? Between what I might want and what my Father wants, I want what my Father wants. I want him to get the glory.

The Father says, I glory in my wonderful son. And I will continue to glory in him. Because he is my delight, my joy, and I have full confidence in him.

It's so beautiful: the son loves the father, the father loves the son.

Now read what Jesus says later: "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me."

John 17:22-23

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment