Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 16

"The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded." John 17-19

What strikes me is Jesus' authority, and Jesus' obedience. You think that they could not coexist. But to Jesus power and submission are one and the same. This is part of Christ's character. He is in charge, but he uses his power to serve, because there is power in going low. It is the way to go high. Jesus says I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. In other words, you must go low to get high.

How has Jesus gone low for you? How might you go low for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment