Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 23

Even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will not be afraid because Jesus is with me.

Psalm 23:4

I told the story tonight about the time I led Lia up a mountain and left her alone near the top in a snowstorm because I wanted to get to the top and I wasn't thinking about her I was thinking about how I wanted to get to the top and so I went ahead and told her to start walking back and I realized in about five minutes how bad an idea this was so I turned around and went looking for her but she was gone. I couldn't find her. I ran down about a mile. No sign. I ended up climbing back up and finally finding her in a small rock crater just sitting there waiting to die. So I got her and hightailed it down the mountain with her in the middle of the blizzard.

Jesus would never do what I did. He is a far better leader than me. He will never leave you. So we do not need to be afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment