Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 20

I mentioned death on Friday. Let's go back to Psalm 23.

He guides me along right paths, bringing honoe to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.

Psalm 23:3-4

We must understand that the right path sometimes leads through "the darkest valley." The Message calls it "Death Valley." It is good to remember this because at some point, at many points, in your life, you will walk into darkness. Your circumstances will be stark. Dangers will lurk in the shadow. Life will get very hard. And the only thing we will have is the knowledge that we are not walking through this darkness alone. Never forget this. It might be so dark that you feel alone. But you are not. The Lord, your shepherd, will never leave you or forsake you. He will be close beside you in your darkest hour. He is close beside you as you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment